Animalintex Poultice Pad is a convenient, ready-to-use poultice that comes in a pad. This unique poultice contains a mild antiseptic (boric acid) and tragacanth, a natural poultice agent to promote fast healing. Indicated for use on horses and dogs, not cats. Particularly useful to soften sole and aid in removal of abscess.
- Aids in would healing and relieves minor stiffness and soreness.
- Absorbs exudate; provides moist, clean healing site; cushions sore areas.
- Can also be used as a dry dressing over open wounds and as a pressure padding.
- Retains moisture/warmth and helps prevent external contamination due to its occlucive backing.
- Hot Poultice – for abscesses, boils, infected and dirty woulds, cracked heels, thors laminitis, seedy toe, corns.
- Cold Poultice – strains, sprains, sore thins, splints, bruises, capped hocks and elbows.
- Dry Dressing – over open wounds, pressure padding.
- Can also apply to hoof after training to help cool down/condition hoof.
Soak quickly in water and apply the “fiber’ pad side to affected area (such as the sole for an abscess) and plastic side away. The pad is usually changed once per day.
This comes as a single sheet. pre-cut hoof abscess pads are also available here.